Senior Design Manager - Civils
|Division||Civil Engineering & Infrastructure|
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior Design Manager to be based out of their Toronto office. This is a full time permanent role including support with getting a Visa.
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Project Director, responsible for the oversight of Technical/Design services throughout the project lifecycle on major Design Build Construction projects. The Senior Design Manager will be accountable for ensuring designs are compliant, safe, meet the delivery/constructability needs of construction, and are most cost efficient from a total project cost perspective.
• Participation in the review and selection of potential design consultancy groups to provide Design services on Design Build projects.
Project Bid Phase
• Co-ordinate with the Project Director and bid team to ensure all technical requirements and design information is received, coordinated, understood and managed
• Selection of the appropriate design, product or techniques to deliver innovative solutions to projects
• Ensuring the contract requirements are clear, deliverable and achievable. Input into contract negotiations with the client on Technical matters.
• Assist in preparation of Bid submission documents
• Participation in Procurement strategy reviews.
• On P3 projects, interact in value engineering workshops with Operation and Maintenance teams to develop overall project lowest cost solutions over the concession lifetime
• Managing design/technical consultants and services during the project bid phase including
• Ensuring design is to the necessary detail to support estimating
• Ensuring value engineering is undertaken to ensure the lowest possible cost design solution that is compliant, safe and meets construction needs
• Co-ordinating constructability reviews with Bid team to ensure integration between design, construction and estimating teams
• Carrying out risk/opportunity reviews to ensure design is optimal.
• Ensuring all design deliverables are understood and scheduled to comply with contract review processes, utilities, stakeholders, permitting, procurement and construction schedule requirements.
• Monitoring performance of consultants and managing contracts through the bid phas
• Participation in the negotiation of Agreements for provision of design services in the Post contract award phase including
i. Developing payment schedules with appropriate incentive mechanisms
Post Award Phase
• Manage the project Design Management Team. Co-ordinate will all members of the Project team to ensure all technical requirements are met and delivered in a timely manner.
• Effective Management of communications with the owner and other stakeholders including municipalities, utility companies and regulatory authorities
• Identification of design/technical changes/issues and input into the Change Management process
• Manage Design/Technical consultants and services to ensure
I. Design services are provided in a timely and cost effective manner in accordance with agreements
• Input into Procurement planning, estimating, and reforecasting
• Oversight of the design/commissioning activities to ensure attestation that construction is in accordance with design
• Participation in lessons learned workshops in relation to technical issues
Required Knowledge and Skills
• A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• 10+ years’ experience in working in Contractor team on major Design Build Projects looking after technical issues and design consultants
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of construction engineering, construction process, sequencing and value engineering.
• Significant experience with the construction of highways and transit infrastructure, including civil, drainage and utilities
• Must possess sound judgement, highly developed management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Commitment to Safety
• Highly Commercially aware
• Stakeholder Relations/Organizational Savvy
• Getting work done though others
• Planning and Organizing
• Managing complex decisions
• Energy and Drive
• Dealing with Trouble
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE
|Apply Email friend Alert similar|
|Back to Search|
|Contact Interested candidates should forward their CV to email@example.com immediately or call Stephen Walsh on +44 208 427 8437 for further information.|