Senior IC Design Engineer with 5yrs experience with microwave or millimetre-wave products, engineering and circuit design required for permanent role with leading multinational in Cork.
Design market-leading RF and Microwave IC components and subsystems.
Provide technical leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Take responsibility for the full design lifecycle.
Work with marketing and potential customers to propose and define product families.
Propose and define circuit architectures to achieve the functional and performance goals.
Simulate and design IC circuits based on available device models/parameters/design rules.
Layout of masksets based on design rules provided by foundry.
Line up proper packages to satisfy thermal, electrical and cost goals.
Develop assembly plan using out-sourced assembly.
Develop testing plan including testing equipments and testing spec's for internal testing or outsource testing.
Develop manufacturing cost models.
Support production related issues as needed.
Interface with customers and provide application supports as needed.
Stay up to date with technical and scientific advances for applied research and product development.
Work within a multi-disciplined project team.
- 2.1 Honours or higher degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or mathematics/physics; Advanced degrees such as PhD in the relevant field are highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with microwave or millimetre-wave products, engineering and circuit design required
- ADS, Cadence, Matlab & CAD software.
Semiconductor design expertise
- Electromagnetic Simulation capability (Momentum, Sonnet etc)
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
For more information on this exciting role please contact Emer Moore on 01-6321200 or send CV to Emer.Moore@icds.ie
ICDS Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service. All communication is treated in the strictest confidence. Cv's are NOT released without candidates knowledge or consent.