Project Engineer - County Westmeath
Summary of the Role:
As Project Engineer you will manage and co-ordinate the project team reporting directly to the Quality and Development Manager and you will be responsible for managing New Product Introduction projects.
As Project Engineer, your key responsibilities will be:
• Manage Product Costing and Pricing
• Manage Quotations for Customers
• Manage Customer Contracts and the Contract Review Procedure
• Manage the Product Design and Process Design
• Project Management of New product introduction
• Development and protection of intellectual property and know how.
• Provide Project Engineering support to Production as required.
• Compliance and development of Procedures related to ISO TS 16949 / ISO 14001 or other such standards
Project Team Related responsibilities:
• Lead Project teams
• Adherence of the project teams to Engineering Change control
• Adherence of the Project to Internal Gate timing
• Adherence of the Project teams to Customer Timing and Commitments
• Adherence of the Project teams to Project Budgets
• Adherence of the Project teams departmental Procedures
• Maintenance of customer Portals
• Representation at customer locations as requested by Management
• May revise or coordinate the revision of standard operational and working practices to ensure compliance with standards.
• Liaise with other sites to maximise efficiency through co-operation, sharing of know- how and expertise.
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
• Third level Qualification in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science or other relevant discipline.
• Previous experience working in a Project management role supporting Manufacturing.
• Previous experience in the Automotive industry is an advantage.
• Project Management Qualification an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Results orientated.
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage to deadlines.
• Fluency in German is desirable.