Principal Engineer (medical device)
Principal Engineer (medical device)- North Dublin.
In this role you will act as a leader within the engineering team in providing comprehensive support to production in the manufacturing and continuous development of complex medical diagnostic equipment. This will also include technology transfers, assembly processes, test strategy and ongoing customer support of leading-edge equipment.
The position will involve leading a team of engineers to lead problem solving and managing production outages. This can include the design and verification of technical solutions to solve problems, enhance products and process capability in the areas of electromechanical, automation, materials, software & fluidics.
You should have excellent skills across various technologies, understand systems, and be a people manager, technical leader and a key decision maker.
A background in the manufacturing engineering and the managing of complex products across different technologies is required.
Interested applicants should have the ability to lead a technical team, troubleshoot deep technical problems to root cause, and drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing engineering team.
You will report to the Engineering Manager and will form part of a flexible engineering team covering manufacturing engineering, new product development and commercial product engineering.
1) Provide technical support to production for medical devices in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
2) Develop & sustain world class manufacturing and supply chain processes to suit low volume manufacture in association with key stakeholders.
3) Responsible for day to day management of manufacturing engineering ensuring KPI’s are trending positively and proactively ensuring no missed outputs while delivering CI.
4) Requires an ability to analyse deep technical problems to root cause with a structured approach and develop solutions across different technologies (materials, mechanical, electrical, software). Act as a source of technical reference and key decision maker in technology or process area.
5) Define and lead technology transfer initiatives, lead design of product enhancements and validation of design changes.
7) Must have excellent people management skills to lead a team of engineers in their work, with direct mentoring to ensuring the development of a high-performance team.
8) Lead the team to design solutions for products and process across different disciplines (mechanical, electronic, electrical, or software).
9) Have excellent knowledge of verification & validation related to design and process changes. Understand boundary and robustness testing to verify electromechanical and software solutions.
10) Manage a complex work scope and provide comprehensive reporting to the business level product teams on key technical initiatives.
11) Manage a budget, CAPEX, OPEX to complete the assigned work scope.
12) Medium level of statistics knowledge to understand process control and sampling rationale.
13) Manage product and component redesign initiatives in response to obsolescence, enhancement, reliability or design to cost initiatives in a regulated environment.
14) Hire and retain a diverse, highly-qualified staff and provide ongoing performance feedback. Set goals which align to department plans and manage the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
15) Develop strategy for implementation of continuous improvement methodologies to increase quality and efficiency of product and process operations.
Interested applicants should have:
Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback in order to build positive relationships and improve business results.
Strong mechanical/ electro-mechanical / systems design skills for both product and manufacturing fixtures
Must be able to manage and resolve conflicting product and project requirements and be a strong team player with ability to collaborate across functional areas.
Knowledge and experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/ISO, and manufacturing automation.
You should hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (electrical, electronic, mechanical, systems or computer science) with a minimum of 10 years' relevant experience across different technologies in a manufacturing engineering environment that has experience of Design changes, NPI and technology transfers.
Previous experience in medical devices industry an advantage.
|Apply Email friend Alert similar|
|Back to Search|
|Contact Interested candidates should forward their CV to email@example.com immediately or call Anthony McLoughlin - Head Office on 01-6321200 for further information.|