|Division||Supply chain & Logistics|
Procurement Engineer - Dublin.
Our client seeks an experienced Procurement Engineer to work within the NPI Team to develop its direct materials supply base. This is a great opportunity to work in a leading manufacturing facility with a diverse supply base covering a wide range of commodities such as: Plastics, PCBA, Metal Machine/Fabrication, Optics, Fluidics, Pneumatics and Cables.
The successful candidate will be involved in various supplier programs such as evaluation and approval, commodity gap analysis, capacity and technical capability assessments, risk assessment and mitigation plan management, part/technology/supplier decisions, RfQ and supplier selection, cost & value engineering and overall part/supplier optimisation projects.
We seek a Procurement Engineer who has combined technical ability with a commercial mindset and strong supplier relationship management skills. You should have the ability to think strategically with regard to supply base structure and development, and be equally comfortable in terms of dealing with supply chain concepts and broad-based supplier management programs.
• Early Supplier Integration: Actively promote an Early Supplier Involvement approach to new part design with suppliers and the R&D/NPD organisation. Establish an ESI supplier network capable of contributing to NPI in terms of Technology Innovation, DtC, DfM and overall technical design optimisation. Promote the adoption of a Cost & Value Engineering model with major spend suppliers to optimise design cost. Develop and foster mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, enabling access to supplier technology / expertise to bring competitive advantage
• Alignment of Technology Roadmaps: Develop and implement a supplier commodity plan for New Product Introductions which optimises part to supplier decisions in terms of materials, technology and manufacturing process alignment. Implement Supplier strategies, based on commodity roadmaps, to provide suppliers capable of servicing business needs across all stakeholder areas (Technical, Commercial, Quality and Financial)
• Supplier Evaluation and Monitoring: Participate in supplier evaluation and approval exercises to ensure business needs can be met. Perform capability and capacity assessments with key suppliers. Identify supplier risk situations and work with site/project functions and Strategic Procurement to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
• Strategy Deployment: Work with Commodity Management to identify and implement supplier changes to reduce costs, improve performance and optimise part/supplier sourcing alignment. Prepare sourcing decisions for agreement with cross-functional partners. Take lead role in preparing and conducting supplier negotiations. Project manage Capital Tooling programs with suppliers.
• Procurement Practices: Ensure proper sourcing processes are in place and that practices and compliance standards are adhered to. Promote the adoption of standard Procurement Methods & Tools. Initiate Development/Supply Agreements and NDA's where required.
Interested applicants should have:
Education and Experience:
|Apply Email friend Alert similar|
|Back to Search|
|Contact Interested candidates should forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately or call Anthony McLoughlin - Head Office on 01-6321200 for further information.|