Supply Chain Manager - New Zealand
|Division||Supply chain & Logistics|
Supply Chain Manager - New Zealand.
Our New Zealand client seeks to recruit a Supply Chain Manager.
The key purposes of this role is to provide effective leadership & strategy for the Supply Chain to achieve the Company’s short term goals & long term business objectives, and to provide leadership & management of all aspects of the Supply Chain function, either directly, indirectly, via direct reports or counterparts in the Regional Offices.
The role is responsible for:
• The Supply process to the Factory, Regional Offices, Distribution network
• The storage processes at the Factory & Regional Offices
• The effective management the total Supply Chain achieving cost savings, cycle time reduction and operational efficiencies.
The role is accountable for the management of a significant purchasing budget and cost of global spares inventory.
Major Activities/Key Responsibilities:
• Manage existing Supply Contracts and negotiate new Contracts
• Identify and action opportunities to reduce costs including procurement from low cost Countries
• Rationalise the Supplier base
• System development
• Procure product to Company quality standards
• Foreign Currency
• Manage the Factory inventory
The inventory is managed to optimal effectiveness to achieve minimum best practise inventory levels
Strategies are implemented to rationalise inventory
Six monthly stocktakes are organised with the stock reconciled onto the Movex system
Accurate transaction recording to achieve a minimum of 95% inventory accuracy
Effective management of Stores and Despatch Staff
• Facilitate the production of regular global sales forecast for product and significant spares requirements
• Manage logistical operations
Consolidate logistical operations to optimise space and cost variables to achieve a minimum 96% delivery on time rate door to door
Enhance logistical processes to ensure Customers expectations are achieved
Manage relationship with Freight Forwarders regarding service levels and pricing
Ensure that Export documentation is procedurally correct
Global Spares Management:
• Optimise global inventory levels
• Manage inventory levels to achieve a stock reduction but ensuring a minimum 95% DIFOT target on spares deliveries to Customers
• Manage global stock recycle process to minimise obsolete and slow moving stock
• Minimise freight costs between Regional Offices
• Develop & Implement a Strategic plan for Supply Chain activities, including issues & options with plans relating to:
Supply Chain systems & local services
Global inventory storage & management
Ideally our client seeks to recruit a 3rd level qualified engineer who is now a supply chain professional.
Ideally the person will have CIPS membership as well.
Ideally candidates will have experience in some or all of the following:
Low cost country buying (sourcing materials from China, India, Eastern Europe etc)
Cost down (generally renegotiating supply contracts to achieve savings)
Product development support
Supplier base development
Spare parts warehouse management (distribution management across multiple sites)
Ideally the successful applicant will have achieved significant cost downs in Low Cost Countries, whether this is through a hands- on role or that they can clearly demonstrate that they put a strategy in place & managed this to achieve the required outcomes
The business relates to a highly specified technical product & so ideally the successful applicant will have an engineering background, preferably Mechanical, as this is seen as an important requirement when there is a need to understand engineering drawings. Also the successful candidate will need to be able to communicate & understand the needs of the Technical Service Department for components needed for the new product development programme, where they could be asked to source completely new materials or products, not currently used.
Candidates should have a strong Procurement Management History, and be able to manage Supply Contracts & negotiate new Contracts, with all purchases achieving Company Standards
Should have the ability understand & improve all Supply Chain processes
Ideally you will be experienced in managing multi-location inventory to optimise the Global Spares Strategy
Be able to give evidence of inventory values, sales values, stock turns, DFIT, & how such issues as minimising duties were achieved
Experience also in Forecasting management
|Apply Email friend Alert similar|
|Back to Search|
|Contact Interested candidates should forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately or call Anthony McLoughlin - Head Office on 01-6321200 for further information.|