Lead Mechanical Engineer - Kerry
In this role you will be primarily responsible for concept studies and the development of innovative products according to strategic product development goals.
• Determine customer requirements and ensure all features are contained within the product by working with colleagues and external expertise if necessary
• Provide a smooth interchange of ideas and information between the organizational functions and the customer.
• Improvement/Enhancement of Designs in line with company procedures.
• Design for Manufacture
• New Product Introduction as indicated by company procedures.
• Continuous Improvement by Design (Cost reduction).
• Product related problem solving etc.
• Content of Design FMEAs
• Support Production Process Engineers in resolving design related problems
• Provide mentoring and technical leadership within the design team.
Essential Experience for this role:
• Minimum of 10 Years mechanical design experience with OEM or Tier 1 Automotive suppliers.
• Experience of developing automotive products from concept to production in cross-functional team environment. Candidates from non-automotive sectors will be considered but must have strong mechanical design background.
• Knowledge and experience of metal and plastics design
• 3D CAD (Preferred Catia V5) experience
• Proficient in general automotive development tools, D-FMEA, QFD, APQP, etc.
• Good understanding of statistical analysis concepts and their application.
• Excellent communications and organisational skills
• Proven ability to mentor and lead development teams
• Knowledge and experience of ISO TS 16949 compliance
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, M.S. Preferred
• Project Management Qualification
• Knowledge of thermal analysis & heat transfer
• German language an advantage
• Experience in Design of Experiments